Thursday, October 27, 2011

When we Speak, We're All Working in the First Draft

Writing is easier to me than speaking, for some reason. I'm an extrovert, and I often speak to people at length with no real problems, except that I'm not as eloquent as I would like to be. When I write, crafting eloquent prose (elegant by my standards. Feel free to criticize) is much easier. The reason for this is obvious: we have time to think about what we're going to write before we write it. Also, we can always come back and edit it.

I love communication of all types, both written and oral. Words have a certain appeal to me. Listening to great commentators and speakers is a great pleasure, as it is an opportunity for me to learn and emulate what I learned at a later date, so I can make that first draft as eloquent and as polished as possible....

No comments:

Post a Comment